Discover All There Is to See and Do During the Summer at Lied Lodge and Arbor Day Farm
A vacation is a time for relaxing, reconnecting, and creating lasting memories with family and loved ones. During the summer months, Arbor Day Farm bustles with special events and outdoor activities, and the orchards, vineyards, and towering trees create a picture-perfect backdrop for a one-of-a-kind escape.
Daily Summer Activities
An award-winning, nature-themed attraction, the Tree Adventure at Arbor Day Farm offers something new every season.
During the summer, you can:
- Hike miles of wooded trails
- Climb a 50-foot treehouse
- Play and learn in the outdoor classrooms
- Visit the Lied Greenhouse
- Enjoy fun-filled activities: ZipKrooz, embankment slide, climbing walls, labyrinth, spider web, and more
EXPLORE ARBOR LODGE STATE HISTORICAL PARK
Located at Arbor Day Farm, Arbor Lodge State Historical Park is a 72-acre historic park with an arboretum, Italian terraced garden, log cabin, walking trails, and a magnificent mansion. The estate was home to the founder of Arbor Day, J. Sterling Morton.
On a self-guided tour, you can:
- Explore the 52-room historic mansion
- Stroll the park grounds
- Visit the carriage house, tack room and stables, and monument square.
- Enjoy a picnic with playground areas
SPLASH IN THE POOL
Lied Lodge hotel guests can cool off with a refreshing swim in our indoor swimming pool. Our pool area includes an Olympic-sized pool, children’s pool, patio chairs and table, and a sun deck for outdoor relaxation.
Within walking distance from us is the Steinhart Aquatic Center, offering more summer fun with a zero-depth entry pool, lazy river, water slides, and diving board.
Book the Splash & Stay Getaway Package and say hello to the ultimate summertime fun. This package includes:
- An overnight stay at Lied Lodge
- Four (4) day passes (2 adults and 2 children) to Nebraska City’s outdoor aquatic center – located just across the street from Lied Lodge. Open May 26 through August 12
- To reserve your Splash & Stay Getaway, call 402-873-8733, or reserve online now.
Indulge in artfully-crafted dishes made from the freshest, local ingredients. The Timber Dining Room offers outside seating on the Sunset Terrace during the summer months. The terrace is also a beautiful place to relax with a cocktail and admire the scenic views of Arbor Day Farm.
Within walking distance from Lied Lodge is Porter's at the Apple House Market. Enjoy outdoor seating, delicious barbeque, and sweet summer treats.
Porter’s is open Tuesday – Sunday, from 11am to 4pm.
Explore the Arbor Day Farm Summer Event Calendar
Make the most of your summer getaway with one of these special events at Arbor Day Farm.
SUMMER MUSIC SERIES
Enjoy an evening of live music and yard games at the Arbor Day Farm historic barns. Bring a blanket and lawn chair or relax at one of the picnic tables.
The dates for this year’s Summer Music Series are:
- June 14 – Shawn Cole
- June 28 – The Wildwoods
- July 12 – Bryton Stoll & Savanna Chestnut
- July 26 – Shawn Cole & DrUnK MoNkEY
- August 9 – FREAKABOUT with Gallivant
- August 23 – The Bottle Tops
SUNSET & S'MORES
Climb aboard for a guided, sunset Discovery Ride. Round off your evening with make-your-own s’mores around a cozy twilight bonfire.
Sunset & S’mores rides depart from Arbor Day Farm Tree Adventure and are available on Saturdays, June 8 – September 14.
Bring your camera along for this uniquely summer Discovery Ride. Sunflowers in bloom is a summertime tradition at Arbor Day Farm, and blooms typically last two to three weeks in early August, depending on weather conditions.